Dust Fall

This forum is for discussing and posting observations of short term weather events that have taken place within the last few days. It could include details of thunderstorms, snow, rainfall, hail, temperatures, etc. Please create a thread for the day, or add your comment to the existing thread if it is related to previous comments there.
Richard Griffith

Dust Fall

Post by Richard Griffith » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Noticed this morning a fine covering of yellow dust on cars and particularly on the roof of the thermometer screen. Only recorded 0.1mm of rain up to 09hrs this morning.

Regards
Richard Griffith
Amateur Meteorologist
Horsham, West Sussex
follow me on twitter @Metman062

Nicholas Gardner
Location: Rural riverside valley location near the village of Newton Poppleford and 2 km from the sea.

Re: Dust Fall

Post by Nicholas Gardner » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Same here yesterday.

A slight dusting on the roof of the car. There had been no rainfall so I suppose I should call it 'dew' dust fall. The air was unusually hazy yesterday with poor visibility, especially towards the horizon out over the sea.

Very different today with crystal clear skies and unbroken sunshine all day. The first truly sunny day this month.

The windows of the house now have a thick crust of sea salt on them. With another strong southerly wind this evening and big seas out in Lyme Bay, I suspect any rain that falls will be salty too. Hopefully, the westerlies later tomorrow, given some rain should wash the salt off otherwise it'll have to be the hosepipe....
Otter Valley Weather
Near Newton Poppleford, Sidmouth - Devon
50:41N 3:17 W; 20 metres AMSL; Station Grade B-BAAA37
http://www.ottervalleyweather.me.uk