Barograph ink and pen

For questions, answers, advice and discussion relating to weather recording equipment and observational procedures. This will include the use of conventional equipment and electronic automatic weather stations.
Thomas Woodford

Barograph ink and pen

Post by Thomas Woodford » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi there,

As a COL member I have recently obtained a Wilson Warden barograph from RMetS, through the Williams bequest. From inspecting the instrument it looks like it may need both a new pen nib and ink.

Is anybody familiar with this type of instrument and able to advise, as I can't find anything very conclusive when searching online to see what types of nib and ink would be compatible.

Also, I'm considering buying a Maximum Proteus Aneroid barometer (possibly from Met Check). Does anybody have experience of using this type of instrument? I note that it is temperature compensated - has anybody any knowledge of how much difference this is likely to make to the accuracy, as compared to a more basic instrument without this feature? I would be wall mounting the instrument within the home, away from radiators and windows.

Any advice or sources of online information would be greatly appreciated.

With best wishes

Thomas (St Ives, Cambridgeshire)