Mindsets Dataloggers

For questions, answers, advice and discussion relating to weather recording equipment and observational procedures. This will include the use of conventional equipment and electronic automatic weather stations.
Donald Hatch

Mindsets Dataloggers

Post by Donald Hatch » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:35 pm

For some years I've been using Mindsets (Saffron Walden) Temperature and Light dataloggers. They are like a memory stick, and at 25GBP very good value. Both types can record at a wide range of intervals. The batteries last 2 or more years.

However, after a few years they tend to stop logging and restart at the 1 minute interval. This is very annoying as all your data is lost.
I have made about 8 attempts to contact Mindsets and their manager/developer J Birks but mails are never replied to. I called them in October and was promised a reply to my mails (regarding possible repairs or replacement of the loggers) but again no response.

Does anyone have any experience with this company? Are they still in business? Their website says that the loggers are currently unavailable because of sourcing problems.

www.mindsetsonline.co.uk

Donald Hatch, Bilthoven NL

Len Wood

Re: Mindsets Dataloggers

Post by Len Wood » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:23 pm

Hello Donald,
Yes, I have a Mindsets Datalogger for temperature I bought in 2015 but it has never worked properly for me.
Mine would stop logging and it was mainly a battery problem, it would not record more than a few hours data in my Stevenson screen, I had to continually renew the battery.
They sent me a new one but the same thing happened. We never got to the bottom of why this happened so I gave up.
In those days Mindsets were based in Waltham Cross.
Len
Wembury, SW Devon coast

83 m amsl

Donald Hatch

Post by Donald Hatch » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:12 pm

Thanks Len,

I have used these in the screen and in a sunshine recorder with no problems for the first 2-3 years. Batteries never a problem. But after the 2 to 3 years the loss of data begins. I get no reaction whatever from Mindsets!

yrs Donald

Len Wood

Post by Len Wood » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:26 pm

Yes, As regards the mini temp logger Mindsets seems not interested as they are having supply issues.

I am still annoyed with them regarding supplying me with a faulty one which drains the battery over 12 hours unless it is plugged into a pc.They asked me to send it back. Supplied me with a 'new' one which did the same. I think they just put the same one back in the packet (by mistake perhaps) and sent it back to me. Exactly the same problem. They said it worked for them. It works well if plugged into a power source. Not what I wanted it for.
Faulty as I've said. No one else has had this battery problem.
Len
Wembury, SW Devon coast

83 m amsl